Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sanctification

1 Thesalonians 5:23

May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely.

Hebrews 13:20-21

May the God of peace...equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen


This journal is a recording of the change that God is manifesting in me as a modern woman living in the world of abundant American culture. Sanctification is a progressive molting of ones self when they submit themselves entirely to the hand of God. You will see many points discussed that may be controversial and bothersome but hopefully mostly motivating and edifying. Any article you read will convey my thoughts and conclusions and my hope is to encourage my readers to research topics for themselves in the scripture. I pray that you will be built up and strengthened in your own walk along with me on my journey.

Following is a quote from a book study that I have done recently. It verbalizes more completely the premise of this blog.

"Repentance and faith result in justification. Sanctification is a progressive work of both God and man that makes Christians more and more free from sin and more and more like Christ in their actual lives. God and his children cooperate in this work, both playing distinct roles. And while christians can expect to progress in their sanctification, they will never achieve perfection until Christ returns. Sanctification starts at the point of regeneration (God's gift of new spiritual life) and increases Throughout life. - John Piper

As God graciously allows sprinkles of wisdom, my thoughts will grow and change. Because of this and because I am human I am somewhat fearful of posting my thoughts. I am inviting you all into my head and the most vulnerable place ever, my heart. I am doing this confidently with the strength of the Holy Spirit and am reminded of the story of Jeremiah. I to believe I am to young to know anything and not wise enough to have a say. However, I cannot settle at rest so someone out there must need to see the process of my change.

Jeremiah 1:6-8

"Ah, sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.

1 Timothy 4:12-16

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift...Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Presevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

To you all out of love - Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment